Thursday, October 21, 2021

I write this under a thatched roof on the Atlantic coast of west Africa.



And my view is wild Atlantic rollers.



Yesterday, we arrived at a resort in Assinie, Côte d'Ivoire, Bahia, which is on the ocean front, maybe 50 feet from the sand and water. The scenery here is truly tropical.










It's a full moon, so the tide was high as we walked along the beach yesterday, and I managed to drench 2 of the 3 outfits I brought. Growing up in Maine, I have lots of experience with the Atlantic, but when you dip in a toe, say nothing about feet and legs, they immediately go numb. Not here. The water is warm and pleasant to walk in.










On the drive here, I noticed a large number of mature palm trees planted in rows. Looking more closely, I saw coconuts on them. It was a coconut orchard, or whatever the equivalent word is for that here.

And the beach sand in like nothing I've eve seen. The golden sand streaked with black has a marbled look.



Spent the rest of the day lounging by the water under an umbrella.  This is the life!



No comments:

Post a Comment