Monday, October 18, 2021

It's been a long time since I posted here. Thnks (not really) to COVID, I haven't been traveling. However, I'm now off on a new adventure.


After a VERY stressful hour and a half, going round and round with the ticket agent about whether my COVID PCR test was taken on the correct day (3 days before the start of the trip) or one day too early (3 days before arrival, which would be 1 day too late), it was finally resolved in my favor and I was allowed to start my trip to Côte d'Ivoire, Ivory Coast for none French speakers).


The trip was fairly uneventful after that. I was able to sleep on much of the transatlantic flight, alternating with reading cozy mysteries. Until I glanced up from my iPad and saw this, an arm hanging over the seatback in front of me.












Really startling if you've been reading murder mysteries.


Arrived in Abidjan, had my e-Visa processed and entered in my passport, successfully made it through passport control and was able to hug my son and granddaughters, grown to young women from when I saw them 2 years ago. They have an awesome yard with a pool to cool down in. Just a note, Côte d'Ivoire in on the Equator, so the temperature hovers around 80-85 degrees and the humidity is high, pretty much in the mid 70's percent. Year round!












Nice to have a pool to cool down in


Yesterday we went to an amazing restaurant, Le 8 Clos des Bateaux, on the edge of one of the several lagoons. Delicous food. I had grilled sole and fried plantains.



Then we returned home to watch the movie, Star Trek Beyond, which I had never seen.


We're leaving for the beach on Wednesday for a couple of days. More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment